Thursday, September 10, 2020

Update Time


The beaches of Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea and Boca Raton have been the focus for the past month. It’s so relaxing to just sit in the sun and people watch. Snorkeling has been fantastic. Light winds make for calm seas and settled waters. On a recent outing JoNell spotted a pompano near the water’s edge. We’ve also seen barracuda, snook and tons of bait fish.


My fishing book is at the publisher. I’ll get a first layout look early next week and then it’s time for the first big edit. No release date just yet, but hoping for sometime in November. While I’m waiting I’ve started another book. Is writing an addiction?


Fishing has taken a back seat during the mad writing sessions. That’s about to change next week. I’m headed to the fresh to see if I can scare up a few largemouth bass, peacock bass and whatever else may live in the Glades, sans gators. Gators make me nervous.


One of the best surprises about our move to the east coast of Florida is the abundance and selection of fresh seafood. Don’t get me wrong, Lee and Collier counties have their share, but it’s amazing over here. The options seem unlimited with every kind of snapper imaginable, fresh caught swordfish, Caribbean lobster, pompano, shrimp and many more. We’re eating healthy.


Lastly we started watching Nurse Jackie, a TV series on Netflix. Serious and hilarious all at once and highly recommended. I don’t know what we’d do without all the great movie and show selections during this nutty year. 


Take care, stay well. Over-and-out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can still remember walking into the inside sales office at Connecting Pointe and asking"who's the fisherman?" You turned around in your seat and said "that would be me!"
That was the beginning of a life-long friendship. I am the person I am, largely because of my relationship with you. Through you I learned how to fish salt water and more about how to be a gentleman.
I can't wait for the day when we can be together on Pete's boat and you rub your chin and then say "I know where we can find some fish!"
I love you,brother. See you soon as I can.

Capt. Rob Modys said...

Thanks Garry! Hopefully we'll be sharing a boat or a beach in the near future. Take care! Love you, man!