Thursday, August 13, 2020

Beachin' and Bookin'

Hello readers.


Oh my, it’s almost the middle of August and JoNell and I are still hiding. Well, almost. We park ourselves in the house Monday through Friday except for masked excursions to the grocery and other stores we deem necessary. No restaurants just yet. 


We were able to enjoy our first Florida lobsters of the season a couple of nights ago. We get them here fresh with the heads on! Amazing. They were coupled with filet mignons and wine for a little surf and turf. Who needs a restaurant? 


The beach has been the hangout each weekend, weather permitting. It’s deserted in the early morning so spacing is not a problem. Heck, we spend more time in the Atlantic than we do on the beach. They say sunshine keeps the virus at bay. Who knows? It does make both of us feel better. Being cooped up inside is not our style.


My book is coming along much faster than expected. The first edit is in the bag and I’m guessing there will be at least two, maybe more. Photos and drawings and layout will follow. 35,000 words… perhaps more. I keep thinking of something that ought to be added. Maybe if I can get this to the publisher I can go back to fishing.


My recent visit with my oncologist went well. All my numbers are good and I have finally gotten the meds I need without paying a small fortune. Whew. That was a grind.


Take care, be careful, stay well.


Rob 

No comments: